Welcome to Awakenings

Life IS history in the making. Every word we say, everything we do becomes history the moment it is said or done. Life void of memories leaves nothing but emptiness. For those who might consider history boring, think again: It is who we are, what we do and why we are here. We are certainly individuals in our thoughts and deeds but we all germinated from seeds planted long, long ago.

Friday, January 31, 2014

The Facebook Time Machine

I posted an article earlier today about Wintertime vs. Winter Time. Not long afterward I discovered a site via Scoop.it that fits the topic of time perfectly. Facebook will celebrate its 10th birthday next month. It has become a worldwide phenomenon where some people feel it is as much a necessity as breathing. While it does have it merits (maybe a few), not sure it is really all that important. My opinion, of course.

Mark Zuckerberg set up thefacebook.com
at Harvard on February 4, 2004 (Picture: AP/File)
Have you ever wondered just how much time you spend on Facebook? Just thinking about it on a daily basis without adding it up over an extended period of time may not lend itself to seeming like very much time at all. You might be surprised!

Facebook says its 1.1 billion users each spend an average of 17 minutes on the site every day, so click on the image below or here to find out how you compare.
 
Facebook Time Wasted
When I equated my daily time on Facebook, my first thought was I am so glad I am NOT wasting my life away on Facebook! Yippee! That excitement was short lived. I did some additional calculating to only find that since joining Facebook in 2012 my average time is 16.994 min per day. That is the baseline for the figures in the graphic above!

NOTE: Facebook, you just may have to go bye-bye! Life is too short and time too precious to wile it away for ... really, what purpose? 


Check it out for yourself...then, be your own judge!


 


No comments:

Post a Comment