Welcome to Awakenings

Life IS history in the making. Every word we say, everything we do becomes history the moment it is said or done. Life void of memories leaves nothing but emptiness. For those who might consider history boring, think again: It is who we are, what we do and why we are here. We are certainly individuals in our thoughts and deeds but we all germinated from seeds planted long, long ago.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Reality Blog Award

Awakenings was honored in January with the Reality Blog Award from Alastair. My sincerest apology goes to Alastair for being so late in responding to this wonderful award. January was indeed a hectic month since January 22 was the official release date of Awakenings from Then 'til Now.

Before going into the award, I want to tell you a little about Alastair. Alastair is cool! He has an awesome blog, Alastair's Blog, where he shares stories AND poetry, and features terrific photography AND great music. One of his latest additions in 2013 has been his amalgamations. He participates in various blog/writing challenges, i.e., Friday Fictioneers, Cee's Fun Foto Challenge, Phoneography Challenge, Share Your World - 2013, WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge, etc. As you can tell, he is one serious blogger! Check out Alastair's latest products @ Society6.


On to the award...


 With every award comes RULES!

1.) Show appreciation of the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post. DONE!
2.) Add the award logo to your blog. DONE!
3.) Share 7 things about yourself. SEE BELOW!
3.) Nominate 5 - 10 or more bloggers you admire. SEE BELOW!
4.) Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know. CHECK YOUR BLOG! WATCH FOR A TWEET!
5.) Optional questions. (This one I will forgo for now to make it easier on everyone!)


7 "memorable moments" about me:
  • Marriage - almost 30 years
  • Motherhood - 3 girls, 1 boy
  • Maiden Voyage - Caribbean Cruise
  • Motion Sickness - Charter Fishing
  • Many Pets - gerbils, goldfish, dogs, cats, bird, rooster
  • Mighty Mealtime - Midnight Buffet
  • Micky Mouse - Texas!

For the moment YOU have been waiting for...

Drum Roll Ple-e-e-e-ese!


Awakenings pays the Reality Blog Award forward to:

Susie @Country Side Poet [http://countrysidepoet.blogspot.com/]

Autumn @Autumn Sunshine [http://autumn-sunshine.net/blogs/]

Wendell @Forever Poetic  [http://foreverpoetic.me/]

Marion @Cats Rule [http://sammythesupercat.blogspot.com/]

Dicy @Dicy McCullough's Blog [http://www.dicymcculloughbooks.com/blog/]

Marilyn @Serendipity [http://teepee12.com/]

Micki @A Writer's Journey [http://mallie1025.blogspot.com/]

Rosemary @Extraordinary Dreams of an Ireland Traveler [http://extraordinaryireland.blogspot.com/]



16 comments:

  1. Thank you for all of the nice things you said about my blog. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every bit true, Alastair! Thank you again for thinking of Awakenings!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You are most deserving! So glad you accepted :-)

      Delete
  3. Congratulations!! I'm so very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cynthia, go glad to see you visit Awakenings. Hope you will visit again! Thank you:-)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for the award and I feel so honored that you chose me.. Congratulations on your new book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure, Susie! I have missed some of your posts but plan to return soon just for a day of catch up!

      Delete
  5. Thank you Sharla. You're wonderful! It may take me a little while to get to dealing with this since I just finished the Dragon's Loyalty Award ... but know that I'm grateful and delighted :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have that one to do plus oodles on catnip! Hugs!

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thank you, Yves! Hope you will visit again :-)

      Delete
  7. Thank you, Sharla! First award I have received for my blog, so this is very special. Inspires me to write even more! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First award! WOW! I know the feeling and so glad it came from Awakenings :-) Let me know when you have it posted and I will do some more promoting for your site.

      Delete
  8. Thank you,Sharla for the award. You are amazing. I love your blog and learn something new each time I visit.
    Dicy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Sharla, I'll try to get this right this time and not screw it up!!

    Love, Micki

    ReplyDelete