Welcome to Awakenings

Life IS history in the making. Every word we say, everything we do becomes history the moment it is said or done. Life void of memories leaves nothing but emptiness. For those who might consider history boring, think again: It is who we are, what we do and why we are here. We are certainly individuals in our thoughts and deeds but we all germinated from seeds planted long, long ago.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Out for Family Emergency

Awakenings will be on leave for awhile but hoping it will not be for an extended time. My husband, Jim, is in ICU in Southeast Alabama Medical Center in Dothan, AL. This is approximately an 80-mile round trip from where we live. I had to have an ambulance dispatched this morning because he could not get his breath. 
 
We remained in the ER in our home town until approximately 12 noon. By the time he arrived at the ER in Dothan, he was not breathing. He has been put on a respiratory machine which is doing the breathing for him. He had to have a procedure called Thoracintesis to drain a liter and a half of fluid from his lungs. He is stable and resting.

I came home because they would not let me stay, of course, in ICU. I will be going back in the morning and will post updates as I know more.

Keep him in your prayers,
Sharla

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that, Sharla. I'm hoping for the best for your husband and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for all my friends; you and your family number among them. Please be careful driving to and from the hospital. Trust God for all things to work together for the good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your husband have been in my prayers for a while Sharla and will continue to be, Hugs for you from me (((0)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both are in my prayers Sharla. Please let us know how he and you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear this.. Sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in. Thinking of you and sending prayers.

    ReplyDelete