Welcome to Awakenings

Life IS history in the making. Every word we say, everything we do becomes history the moment it is said or done. Life void of memories leaves nothing but emptiness. For those who might consider history boring, think again: It is who we are, what we do and why we are here. We are certainly individuals in our thoughts and deeds but we all germinated from seeds planted long, long ago.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

A View from a Child’s Eyes

Embrace the past...

Chinese Jump Rope 1960s-1980s

First Books (n.d.)

Kermit (b.1955) and Miss Piggy (b.1974)




Heidi - 1880 until...

Roll Caps 1945-1965
School Reading 1930s-1970s

Seseme Street 1969 until...
 Let's go back even farther...

A View from a Child’s Eyes

Early Modern PeriodSeventeenth Century (16001699)

Puritan beliefs imbedded values based upon strict lessons on behavior and courtesy 
with leisure time coming only after work was completed. 
Games being played four hundred years ago are still common today!

 
Strict obedience to Father
I honor with respect
Ne’er to be usurped by Mother
Nor treated with neglect

Tiny_StarTiny_StarTiny_Star
Humble and submissive
I will always be
Ne’er conscious of free will
Else to suffer thee

Tiny_StarTiny_StarTiny_Star
During any mealtime
I will stand, not sit
Ne’er uttering a word
Else chance being hit

Tiny_StarTiny_StarTiny_Star
Once chores dutifully done
I’ll turn to schooling rules
Ne’er being disrespectful
Else face thy switching tools

Tiny_StarTiny_StarTiny_Star
With feather pen in hand
I trace the alphabet
Ne’er forgetting prayer
Else evil will be met

Tiny_StarTiny_StarTiny_Star
While learning to read and write
I also learn math
Ne’er making many mistakes
Else accept thy wrath

Tiny_StarTiny_StarTiny_Star
With little playtime allowed
I welcome rest from work
Lummelen, all hid and hop frog*
Ne’er will I ever smurk

*Keep away, hide and seek, and leap frog

©2012 Awakenings
  Sharla Lee Shults

What was your favorite past-time?
 

7 comments:

  1. My favorite pasttime and preseent time is, was, and will be reading. What else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, of course! Like the Grey Poupon! Nothing better :-)

      Delete
  2. I remember a lot of them :-) Although the copy of Heidi we had was one that just had a plain tan coloured covered

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made up a lot of silly characters and wrote little stories as a kid and early teenager. The name "Earl" cracked me up as a kid. I made a little hand signal, kind of like an "OK" sign with the thumb and forefinger joioned in a circle, then I would run up to people and say "Earl!!" and thrust my hand out. I have not told anyone that in years. My frineds and family still make fun of me about that and I don't blame them. I know it's wierd, but you asked. I'm going to copy this in case I have to explain this stuff again,thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read a lot when I was a child, and of course, I still do. But when I wasn't reading, my very favorite thing to do was to play with my toy farm. I had a barn, fencing, and lots of animals to move around and play-act with. There was a farmer and his wife, but I loved the animals the most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my gosh, does this bring back memories! Heidi was one of my favorite books when I was growing up. Then, of course, I learned to read with Dick and Jane. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jadwal Tarung Ayam SV388 6 Februari 2019 - Rabu, Bogor 6 Februari 2019 – Pada Hari Tersebut Akan Di Laksanakan Berbagai Pertandingan Sabung Ayam Secara Live di Arena Sabung Ayam Thailand.

    Agen Sabung Ayam - Customer Service kami di Livechat, Line, BBM, Yahoo Messenger, dan Whatsapp sekalipun. Sudah Jelas Sampai Sini, Terima Kasih Telah Membaca Artikel AgenSabungAyam.com Yang Berjudul Jadwal Tarung Ayam SV388 6 Februari 2019.

    Untuk Info Lebih Lanjut Bisa Hub kami Di :
    wechat : bolavita
    line : cs_bolavita
    whatsapp : +628122222995
    BBM: BOLAVITA

    ReplyDelete